Chris Powell at
Plymouth Broadway Organ & ...
Andy Quin at
Regent St. Cinema Organ pr...
David Ingley at
Oldcotes Village Hall, Wor...
Tony Stace at
Watford Organ & Keyboard C...
Keyboard Christmas Buffet with Chris James at
Cardiff Live Music Club
Promoting the Theatre Organ -The Way Forward What is the future of the theatre organ? Who cares?
Join a special FREE one-day conference organised by the Cinema Organ Society to exchange ideas and thoughts about spreading the word about theatre organ (and electronic organ) entertainment for the years ahead.
The conference takes place on Saturday 20th February 2010, between 11.30 to 17.00 at the Victoria Hall, Saltaire, West Yorkshire.
• Do you help to run a successful venue?
• Are you worried about declining audiences?
• How can we take our music to a wider audience?
• How can we encourage more people to attend events?
This is a unique opportunity to share your ideas with friends and colleagues at a major conference to discuss opportunities and challenges in the convivial surroundings of the superb Victoria Hall in Saltaire – a World Heritage Site.
To round things off there will be a spectacular theatre organ spot by top american organist KEN DOUBLE at the Saltaire Wurlitzer. Why not stay on after the conference? There’s a full programme of other events to complete your enjoyment of the weekend.
• On Saturday Evening at 19.30 Phil Kelsall plays the Mighty Wurlitzer, so why not come along and listen or dance (£7).
• Carlo Curley performs an ‘Organ Extravaganza’ at the Bradford Cathedral organ (£8).
• On Sunday morning at 10am there is a Canal Boat Trip on the Narrow Boat ‘Apollo’ (no charge but donations welcome).
• Sunday afternoon at 14.30 Top american theatre organist Ken Double is in concert at the Mighty Wurlitzer (£7).
The prices shown are special ones for conference delegates. Combined ticket for the Phil Kelsall and Ken Double events are £10.00 Accommodation is available if required at the nearby Ibis Hotel, Shipley.
Further details can be found on the news page of the society's website at http://www.cinema-organs.org.uk.
To book a place at the conference please contact Simon Field: Simon.email@example.com.
Back to news...